Plenary Council “Year of Listening and Discernment”
Plenary Council website: www.plenarycouncil.com.au
Each of the National Themes for Discernment will have a working group established nationally. In the month of July, our parish will receive the papers to help us reflect, pray and consider a response. We will be called and challenged to look forward, to face some “big questions”, to listen to one another even more deeply as we discern:
How is God calling us to be Christ-centred Church in Australia that is missionary and evangelising; inclusive, participatory and synodal; prayerful and Eucharistic; humble, healing and merciful?
How are we called to be a joyful, hope-filled, servant community, one that is open to conversion, renewal and reform?
Diocesan Pilgrimage Lakes Entrance Catholic Parish
Diocesan Assembly: 13-14 September 2019
|PARISH STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM 2019|
|Welcome to the final week of our Parish Stewardship Program.
In recent weeks we have reflected on the role of faith in our lives and the importance of coming together to celebrate the Eucharist each weekend. We have also considered the notion of our parish as a community of faith and how we can make our own contribution to parish life by being involved in our Groups & Ministries.
This week brings it all together. We look to the future – imagining what sort of parish we want to be. Ours is one filled with optimism – but one that needs the support and contribution of every individual is we are to achieve our dreams.
This week we ask you to finalize your commitments by:
· Signing up for a Parish Group or Ministry
· Making your meaningful pledge of financial support to the Stewardship Program
We welcome Fr Brendan Hogan who will be with us for all Masses over the weekend encouraging us with our commitments. We also welcome Therese Proy from the Parish Development team of the Archdiocese of Melbourne who will coordinate the distribution/completion/collection process with assistance from members of the Leadership Team.
We thank you in advance for your generous support.
The dedicated Stewardship Program section this week features a special video from Bishop Pat, the Bishop of the Sale Diocese.
|THOUGHTS FROM OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
– As we pray each week at mass, we are called to our mission of building our new parish in Clyde North. This requires our Stewardship, as without it, we would only be saying words (Patrick)
– To build our new church in Clyde North; to support our parish, our priest, our parish staff and our community. We endeavour to be a centre of hope, love and faith in our outer community (Wendy)
– God has blessed us abundantly. We are asked in the Word to give Him the first fruits of labour so that our blessings continue (Peter)
AS WE HEAR FROM ST PETER
“The Church of God that will last into eternity is the Church of living stones, built upon the cornerstone of Christ that must constantly be built up.” (1 Peter 2:5)
Stewardship Program Prayer
Lord, we thank you for calling us to be your Church.
Through our Baptism we are called to service and to witness.
In the Eucharist we sustain and strengthen that call.
By serving others we follow your example and proclaim our beliefs.
By our Christian generosity we demonstrate our love and care.
Lord, help us always to worship you as you deserve,
to grow in faith and service
and to give without counting the cost.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen
WE WELCOME AS CHILD OF GOD – Christina Ellie Peiris, child of Charith & Natasha
ANNUAL ST PETER’S COLLEGE FEAST DAY MASS held on Monday 24th June at Casey Stadium. Starting at 10:30am. All parishioners welcome, email [email protected] to reserve your seat.
- PETER’S COLLEGE SOLOMON ISLANDS TRIVIA AND SILENT AUCTION NIGHT – Teams of 10, or we can put you into a team, Fri 2 Aug, 7.00 pm start. Cranbourne Campus Multi-Purpose Hall $20.00 per ticket. Bookings are required via the College Reception. Payment on the night.BYO. Refreshments including alcohol for over 18’s. Who will take home the 2019 Champions Trophy? Many items available on the night via Auction. NO RESERVES. All items will be sold. Donations of Goods and Services are now being sought. Nothing is too small or large, expensive or inexpensive. Contact the College on 5990 7777 or [email protected] for more details if you are able to donate. Every dollar raised goes to Bishop Epalle Catholic School in Honiara.
Building a CHILD SAFE ENVIRONMENT WORKSHOPS – this is for all parish staff and volunteers, leaders, Priests and Deacons. You are only requested to attend only one 2.5 hour workshop. For enquiries & registration, please contact our Parish Safety Officer at the parish office or email [email protected] Workshops open for bookings are: St Michael’s Parish, Berwick – Tuesday 25/06/19 – 7pm – 9:30pm, St Patrick’s Parish, Pakenham – Wednesday 17/07/19 – 7pm – 9:30pm
SPECIAL COLLECTION – St Vincent de Paul Society’s 2019 Winter Appeal. The society provides assistance to those experiencing hardship and disadvantage in our local communities and depends heavily on donations. Donations above $2 are tax deductible. Envelopes are available and can be found at both entrances. Please return in the collection plate at next weekend Mass.
SPIRITUAL RENEWAL MINISTRY (SRM) welcomes you to a spirit filled evening led by Br Savy Joseph and the SRM team. Come experience Jesus through powerful worship, inspiring Word and a night filled with healing and deliverance. He is uniquely marked by his gift in preaching, healing and deliverance. He has built His mission rooted in his commitment and dedication to the Catholic Church with a tireless passion for Jesus Christ. Formerly a lawyer, he has left his profession to be a full-time service to building the Kingdom of God. Br Savvy Joseph is married and is blessed with two beautiful children. Join us to experience the power of God and be transformed by His love. Thursday 4th July 2019, 7.30pm – 10pm, Venue: Our Lady Help of Christians, Narre Warren. Contact 0421125239.
OUR LADY HELP OF CHRISTIANS PARISH NARRE WARREN is taking part in a 10N/13D Pilgrimage on 25th May 2020 organised by Harvest Journey and have a few spaces left. Join Fr Brendan Hogan on this once in a lifetime pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Booking online: harvestjourneys.com/pv3020 or call 1800 819 156.